From: Ed Ball (ed_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-03-14 15:28:33

Most of the developers here are also using proportional fonts to work with
source code. Our reasoning is the same as has been discussed -- it is easier
to read, and far more information fits per line.

example, the generated error messages can be quite long when using STL...

We use guidelines pretty much identical to those listed by Ed Brey -- tabs
only at the beginning of the line, etc.

Regarding font choice, I would recommend 10 point Verdana rather than Arial.
The two fonts are almost identical, but the serifs on the uppercase-I make
it easily distinguishable it from the lowercase-L. Furthermore, the digit-1
is easily distinguished from them both. (Tahoma is also an option -- it
looks better than Verdana (IMHO) with point sizes less than 10.)

- Ed