From: Gavin Collings (gcollings_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-03-16 17:29:41

> VC++ has some limitations on member template support.
>
> Argh! There is an email sitting in my "Boost Action Needed" folder
> from Mark Borgerding with VC++ workarounds. I need to apply them.
> That isn't the only fix pending; I will try to work through the
> backlog in the next few days.

Mark,

It sounds like you're the VC++ member template expert :) I'd be
interested to know if you've been able to characterize exactly when
they do and when they don't work. My own experience is that there's a
rough correlation with code complexity but little else. The worst
problem I've come up against, though, is silently compiled valid code
which does nothing at run time. Something for anyone putting in
work-arounds to be wary of - successful re-compilation is definitely
not a guarantee of a successful work-around.

Gavin