From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-03-17 10:20:47

At 08:19 AM 3/17/00 -0500, Dave Abrahams wrote:

>I hope nobody is expecting *proposed* changes to be posted to the
list in
>this form. I would hate to try to evaluate things out-of-context.

The point is to facilitate application of code changes, not to
facilitate discussion. So for discussion on the mailing list, stick
to the current combination of prose and code. But when sending in
actual patches, diff -u format files are appreciated.

>-Dave
>
>P.S. Mac users are probably out-of-luck w.r.t. diff.

Well, then emailing a complete updated file is probably better that
sending in a code fragment and expecting the maintainer to do the
integration.

--Beman