From: Miki Jovanovic (miki_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-03-20 17:52:13

Hi all,

I have another small fix for the linked_ptr. Whole fix is inclusion of
the empty destructor in the linked_ptr_base.

Since linked_ptr must inherit publicly from linked_ptr_base, this in
theory means that the user can get the pointer to the linked_ptr_base,
and then try to destroy it. Effect of this would be a GPF or resource
leak. To stop the user from doig this, linked_ptr_base destructor
should be protected, and since it does nothing, it is empty.

Although the problem is unlikely to ever happen, the fix is free, so
there should not be any down sides to it.

I have hurried and put the change in the linked_ptr.hpp, because I
thought the change to be trivial. If you do see a problem with this,
please speak up.

Cheers,

Miki.