From: Kevin Atkinson (kevinatk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-03-22 23:41:03

What is the consensus of my CopyPtr and ClonePtr idea?

There was some decision about deep verses shallow pointers but it much
about the generic part of my code.

Do you think my CopyPtr, ClonePtr, and GenericCoptPtr (perhaps under a
different name although I think copy is far clearly than deep)?

About implicit conversions from smart pointer to a normal pointer. I will
do what ever you decide on however I think with my pointers there is hardly
any danger and it is a HELL of a lot more convenient. Especially if you want
to treat the pointer like a normal pointer that will be copied/destroyed
in the inclosing class copy constructor and/or assignment operator &
destructor.

---
Kevin Atkinson
kevinatk_at_[hidden]