From: Borgerding, Mark A. (MarkAB_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-03-23 10:28:25

[snip]
> AFAIK, the problems with member template functions are fairly well
> characterized by the items that have been posted to this list, so I
> think people can use member template functions for MSVC if they're
> willing to support a broken compiler. (I'd certainly appreciate it.)
> I use member template functions in MSVC, and I'm able to make things
> work.

I think it's safer to assume that a given member template is broken on MSVC
until it can be verified to work properly.
I like Dave's solution of using the BOOST_MSVC6_MEMBER_TEMPLATES.
A booster can write standard compliant code and post it with appropriately
placed
#if !defined( BOOST_NO_MEMBER_TEMPLATES )
Then someone who is familiar with VC's eccentricities can verify and tweak
the template code inside the condition so it works with MSVC . The condition
can then be changed to
#if !defined( BOOST_NO_MEMBER_TEMPLATES ) ||
defined(BOOST_MSVC6_MEMBER_TEMPLATES)