From: Paul Baxter (paje_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-04-06 04:46:46

Would it be possible for people to refrain from using digital security
signatures on posts to this public forum?

The original message hung my Outlook Express 5 on Win98 and then after
reboot kept trying to use my dial-up connection to access information on the
web. (A possible virus-like symptom.)

When I finally got to the message I was relieved to see it wasn't a virus!

Note this isn't intended to be a personal criticism just a general plea.

I don't mind signed security in personal email, but when posting to a public
group it can be a nuisance.

Besides I don't trust Microsoft at the best of times.

Since my dial-up password disappeared after this reboot, I could be
suspicious of malicious password-stealing intent.

Paul Baxter