From: Dave Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-04-06 02:36:03

on 4/5/00 2:45 PM, Tomasz Kowalczyk at tomek_at_[hidden] wrote:

> "Borgerding, Mark A." wrote:
>
> I left that references on purpose. They restrict you to think in terms
> of GUI and GUI notifications. In my opinion a proper way of thinking
> about this mechanism is about storing arbitrary code for later
> execution.

I submitted a proposal many months ago titled "bound functions" which
covered much of the same ground. It raised no interest from the group, but
perhaps it is worth revisiting the code now if people are interested in the
subject again. Anyone who cares to can look up the posting at
www.egroups.com.

-Dave