From: Dave Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-04-17 21:46:15

on 4/17/00 4:08 PM, davidbien_at_[hidden] at davidbien_at_[hidden] wrote:

> I have MSVC6.0 with the Intel compiler (v4.0) and I use the SGI STL
> whenever possible ( but I don't use the SGI stream stuff ). I
> attempted to compile smart_pointer_test.cpp in this configuration (
> i.e. with the SGI STL include directory above the MSVC include ) and,
> of course, since both implement the same include files, like
> stdexcept, etc. the compile failed.

That should not be a foregone conclusion. That's the way you're supposed to
use the SGI STL w/o iostreams. You must have misconfigured something...

> I haven't tried STLport, and perhaps that would work.
> Or maybe i just need the SGI streams.
>
> Is there anyone with experience in dealing appropriately with this
> issue ?

...but ultimately, this has nothing to do with boost. I suggest you try the
STLport and if it doesn't work, post a message to the STLport forum.

Regards,
Dave