From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-04-26 05:44:34

Jens,

I've had a quick look at the random library and started porting it to C++
Builder, however I've been busy with other things and will be for a while,
once I get the regular expression stuff to my satisfaction I'd like to try
and work through the vault (we seem to have a backlog) and see what works
with what compilers etc, and maybe suggest what can be moved into
mainstream.

>However, Borland C++ isn't much better. In particular,
BCC seems to dislike boost/operators.hpp and the "derive
from template instantiated with the deriving class"
technique used there. I've confirmed that boost/rational.hpp
doesn't compile with BCC either. Did I miss any
non-obvious command-line switches?<

No compiler switches, C++ Builder falls over on derived default non-type
parameters:

template <class T, T val = computed_result<T> >
class X{};

As far as I could see, these are implemention details and can be
removed/hidden completely in the random library?
I got most of the test code to compile by removing these, but some of the
distribution adapters still wouldn't compile, and at least one compiled but
crashed at run time - this could be a compiler problem though. BTW we
encountered similar problems with the type traits classes, I've also
reported these problems as bugs, but not much joy there as yet :-(

- John.