From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-04-26 05:53:01

At 11:38 PM 4/25/00 +0200, Jens Maurer wrote:

>egroups seems to have lost ownership information of my files,
>so I can no longer delete nor overwrite them :-(
>
>I've created a directory "new" within the directory "random"
>which has all the new files.
>
>Beman, can you do something about this mess?

I am guessing what happened is that eGroups had no concept of
ownership for the vault, and then added the ownership concept about
the time they changed the name to "files". So I wouldn't be
surprised if all the files entries have this problem.

Anyhow, I deleted the entire random directory, so go ahead and
rebuild it. Presumably you will then be the owner of the new random
directory.

--Beman