From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (alexy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-04-30 15:14:17

John Maddock <John_Maddock_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Is there a limit to how far templates can nest like this?
boost::operators
> seems to go 12 levels deep - unless I'm wrong here - comments?

Good question. I haven't thought about it before you asked. For the moment I
don't know anything about limitations of particular compilers, but the
standard's appendix B - 'Implementation quantities' suggests '17' for the
'Recursively nested template instantiations'. But 'these quantities are only
guidelines and do not determine compliance.'
Any real-world data?

--Aleksey