From: Alan Griffiths (alan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-05-06 16:13:12

In message <20000504211352.18595.qmail_at_[hidden]>, Dietmar
Kuehl <dietmar_kuehl_at_[hidden]> writes

>Personally, I have occasional uses of the "pimpl idiom". Sometimes
>I need to share the internal implementation, at other times I don't.
>For the directory iterator, I want to use a shared representation and
>a pointer like the one above would come in handy.
>
>Any thoughts?

Yes, the "grin_ptr" in my library appears to meet your requirements:

    http://www.octopull.demon.co.uk/arglib/

Assuming the copyright conditions are compatible with boost policy I'm
happy for it (or any other elements of this library) to be incorporated
into boost. (If there is enough interest I'll make a boost submission
of the library eventually - but I have more pressing deadlines.)

--
Alan Griffiths  (alan_at_[hidden])  http://www.octopull.demon.co.uk/
ACCU Chairman   (chair_at_[hidden])             http://www.accu.org/