From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-05-07 12:45:23

What is the Boost policy on alternative implementations?

Case in point: I am working on an expression template library (that, for the
uninitiated, turns expressions like arg1 += arg2 * 4 into function objects
that are then usable with the standard algorithms.) It is not complete yet,
but is so far coming along nicely.

However, the lambda library already in the Files section is a superset of my
own library. I deliberately designed a much simpler (and more limited)
interface to (a) stay portable and (b) discourage excessive usage (writing a
dedicated functor/algorithm is preferred for complex expressions.)

Another (cosmetic) difference is that I use arg1 and arg2 for the argument
selectors, while the lambda library uses free1 and free2. Same with apply()
vs. bind().

In fact, the real question is what is the Boost policy on alternative
*interfaces*.

--
Peter Dimov
Multi Media Ltd.