From: John Maddock (John_Maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-05-17 06:20:02

Paul,

>Sorry - this is way off-topic, but I'd REALLY like to be able to use
gcc/mingw on Windows as an alternative c++ compiler. But I just can't get
it
to work (by "work", I mean providing something like a conforming standard
library). People keep saying that it is possible, but I've never been able
to get it to work. I have the latest mingw snapshot, and I've asked on the
mingw and STLport mailing lists among other places. If *anyone* can give me
a step-by-step description of how to get any of the public C++ standard
libraries working with mingw, I would be eternally grateful.
<

Further investigation shows that the original operators.hpp appears to be
to blame - I've been using a hacked version that works with C++ Builder -
reverting to the old version I get the same errors as you do with g++.
Dave: have you decided which updated version of operators.hpp you are going
to go with?

- John.