From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-05-25 22:29:11

----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Colvin" <gcolvin_at_[hidden]>
> I recall considering Python as an extension language for XVT back in
> 80-something, but going with Scheme instead. I still like Scheme for
> that purpose.

Innat some kinna lispy language with lots of parens? I've been writing some
elisp code for emacs recently, and boy I really wish emacs had been based on
Python. It's just too hard to tell what's going on when all the code looks
the same. Maybe it's all in what you're familiar with, but OTOH I knew lisp
for 15 years before I learned Python and I like the latter better. What made
you settle on scheme?

-Dave