From: Daniel Berlin (dan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-05-26 09:54:20

> > I looked at it, and I tried converting a few small pieces from CXX 4.2
> (From
> > sourceforge, Python-C++ connection) to your library, and yours is just
> much
> > harder to use.
>
> !!! Man, that was fast !!!

:)

> It's also strange. I've been in communication with Barry Scott, the CXX
> maintainer about this technology. He expressed great interest, in part
> because it seemed to make some things much easier. One big advantage over
> what's available in CXX is that you don't have to do manual function
> argument conversion.

Which i'm quite used to already.
> Another is that you can override your C++ class'
> virtual functions in Python.

Which i don't use.

> > Then again, I use CXX extensively inside our app (a
> > Development environment) to expose pieces to python,
>
> Cool! I've always thought that more applications should be scriptable. Now
> that I've found Python, I know *what* they should be scripted with.

Seriously.
People can't tell which parts are in python, and which are in C++ (I
frequently move C++ code into python for ease of maintenance reasons).

> > so maybe i'm just
> > biased having used it more.
>
> Maybe. Or maybe you were looking at the wrong part of the py_cpp code?
It's possible.

See, i have most of my objects already passable as python objects (IE they
derive from PythonType, and are thus real python objects), so i'm probably
just set in my ways.