From: scleary_at_[hidden]
Date: 2000-05-30 10:15:40

> While I was out on my bike ride today I got to thinking about the two
boost
> challenges I've issued: the allocation pool and the easy I/O formatting
> stuff. It occurred to me that neither of these has been accepted into
boost.
> In fact, neither has been formally reviewed, AFAIK.

pool<> is not yet ready for review :)

There are 3 things that I consider "critical", meaning I want to solve them
before review:

1) I'm still looking at solving the thread-safe singleton issue. The best
solution I have so far is to just say that pool's used by global var
initialization cannot be thread-safe; therefore, no threads should be
created during global var initialization in a program that uses pool --
other threads running after global var init is complete is OK.

2) The allocators are useless as they currently stand (see my previous post
on pool). This solution should fall into place after the singleton issue
above is resolved.

3) The allocators are not thread-safe. At all. I'm working on this, too.
:)

        -Steve