From: Dave Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-05-30 17:01:54

--- In boost_at_[hidden], "Miki Jovanovic" <miki_at_o...> wrote:

> There are two points with this. First, Boost accepts only standard
> C++ code that will compile on any platform with a C++ compiler. So
> this group might be knocked out on technicality. But...

That is not strictly true. The intent is not to rule out libraries
which provide a uniform interface for platform-specific functionality
on two or more platforms:

"A library's implementation must if possible be portable and not
restricted to a particular compiler or operating system. If a
portable implementation is not possible, non-portable constructions
are acceptable if reasonably easy to port to other environments."

> If Boost is not a good place for these threading amenities, I would
> like to take this off-group.

I hope that we will find it to be very well suited to boost!

-Dave