From: Dave Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-06-01 16:03:29

--- In boost_at_[hidden], "John E. Potter" <jpotter_at_f...> wrote:

> associative_vector<int, int, identity<int>, less<int> > v;
> sort(v.begin(), v.end(), greater<int>());
>
> As long as that does not bother you.

Not at all (I assume you're referring to the fact that it can be made
to be out-of-order. It's meant to be a building-block. Sometimes you
need to get at that underlying implementation.

> Yes. It will also allow map with pair<Key const, Value>.

Can't you do that with a flat associative_vector? Oh, I guess not,
because relocation is implemented with op=(). *Interesting*; I hadn't
thought of that!

> My students
> implemented a student quality version of this last year.
Outperformed
> the sgi map even with highly dynamic (erase/insert) use.

Thanks, that's a really good sign for this work.
Regards,
Dave