From: jsiek_at_[hidden]
Date: 2000-06-02 17:28:02

Having a common interface for the various functional implementations
is an important goal... however I know of at least one issue that gets
in the way here. One of the best parts of the LL interface is that you
don't have to explicitly specify the types for the arg1/arg2 or
free1/free2 objects. However, this feature absolutely requires the
heavy use of member templates, which I found out killed trying to make
this work on VC++. So the problem is that a functional "lite" library
that compiles with VC++ *can not* have the same interface as LL :(

So I see three alternatives:

1. live with different functional library interfaces
2. have a dumbed down common functional interface that is compilable by VC++
3. someone more clever than me figures out how to get the implicit
  typing of the arg1/free1 objects in LL to compile with VC++

Ciao,

Jeremy