From: Dave Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-06-07 11:30:06

Hi,

in associative_vector/indirect.zip you'll find an implementation of
generalized wrapped iterators, and some tools for making a
specialized wrapped iterator which does double-indirection. There is
a test file which "proves" that it works. I've been using GCC 2.95.2
and MSVC6.3 with the STLport for testing. MSVC6.3 support requires a
minor extension to the STLport which Boris and I have worked out; let
me know if you need this and I will send it to you.

This is the next step in the evolution of my associative_vector
facility. You'll notice a partially-complete indirect_container.hpp
in that directory; I'd love to enlist someone to finish that up. The
point of this is to transform associative_vector into a generalized
associative container template which can wrap an indirect vector (for
pointer/reference stability across inserts) or a deque, or whatever
else.

Feedback appreciated,
Dave