From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-06-09 20:20:25

I think that sort of thing is normally done with separate executable/lib
objects, each of which is built with a _compile_time_ decision about SMP
support. The appropriate object is dynamically selected at runtime. If it's
all compiled together you need to choose different link names for
SMP/non-SMP and the whole system becomes a lot more complicated.
-Dave