From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-06-17 12:42:25

> 1.15.0 is up on www.boost.org:
>
> Random Number Library from Jens Maurer added. Updated utility library
> operators eliminates code bloat. Minor additions to config.hpp and
cast.hpp
> for Microsoft compilers.
>
> That's the good news.
>
> The bad news is that since no regression testing is currently being done,
> we really don't know what works with what. Some limited testing on my
part
> shows far too many problems for comfort. Most are probably caused by
> simple configuration issues.

And one more piece of bad news:

1. the iterator_helpers are still broken because with a non-const value type
and a const pointer type you get a non-const iterator, because:
2. dereferenceable<> is arguably still broken because it takes a value_type
parameter instead of a pointer (type) parameter

Fixing problem 2 involves breaking backward-compatibility. I don't think
there's a clever fix for this problem. I'm inclined to fearlessly make the
fix, but I need guidance from the group on what to do about it.

-Dave