From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-06-26 17:15:05

At 07:56 AM 6/27/2000 +1200, Mark Rodgers wrote:

>> I ran the boost regression test; see
>> http://www.egroups.com/files/boost/compile_status.html
>
>BTW Beman, are you really using Borland C++ 5.4? That's the
>command line compiler that comes with C++Builder 4.

Yes.

> Would you be
>able to download the free BCC 5.5 and incorporate that into the
>tests as well? If you could it would be really great.

I've been planning to do that, so thanks for the reminder.

Question: Should boost continue to test with 5.4 and add 5.5 or should we
just drop 5.4 in favor of 5.5? I know little about the Borland product
line so need advice from others.

Thanks,

--Beman

PS: I will also try to add GCC 2.95.2 with STLport 4.0 to the mix. It
works (and STLport 4.0 even supplies <limits>!) pretty well, but is
irritating to run as the compiler loops on one or two tests and ruins the
run.