From: Kevlin Henney (kevlin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-06-29 10:47:10

In message <8jflrv+gig4_at_[hidden]>, Miki Jovanovic <miki_at_omega-
team.com> writes
>I am not overly fond of pairs, but std does this on several
>occasions. How about the non-throwing lexical_cast to return a
>pair<Targer,bool> ?

I thought about this one, but came to the conclusion that it feels a
little odd to have to get .first from the result of a cast for it to be
usable. It is also a 'subtle' difference from the throwing version of
lexical_cast, and one that I think could be either a pitfall or simply
irritating.

  Kevlin Henney phone: +44 117 942 2990
  Curbralan Ltd mobile: +44 7801 073 508
  kevlin_at_[hidden] fax: +44 870 052 2289