From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-06-30 06:27:51

Paul Moore wrote:

> ... The only relevant point is that, if we
>want to use CVS as our source-code control system (an action I'm quite
>happy
>to support, BTW), there will have to be a legitimate and accepted way for
>people who cannot use CVS to contribute to Boost.

Don't worry, there will be continuity with the way things work now.

Right now, it is as if I am the only one with read and write access to the
current boost.org snapshot. The initial CVS usage will be as if everyone
gets read access, but only a few (four to six?) maintainers get write
access. Most contributors will continue to email stuff to a maintainer to
get it incorporated in the code base. The eGroups files will continue for
general postings by any member.

In other words, the plan is to ease forward, learning and making
adjustments as we go.

--Beman