From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-07-06 06:52:51

John Potter and I have been working on a kind of "generalized associative
container" framework. The implementations we've done are based on linear
containers (e.g. vector), which are often faster and almost always smaller
than their more "theoretically efficient" counterparts. We got to the point
of postulating that we might be able to use the common (hidden) rb_tree
interface as a common substrate with a bunch of adapters to make it look
like set, multimap, etc. If your splay trees look anything like that, it
might be useful here. See associative.zip in the files section.

-Dave