From: Kevlin Henney (kevlin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-07-14 05:19:05

In message <4.3.2.7.2.20000713150749.00b8fda8_at_[hidden]>, Beman
Dawes <beman_at_[hidden]> writes
>Ah! The light dawns. In Tokyo Robert Klarer was talking about trying to
>come up with a grand unification theory of pointers and iterators. Sounds
>like you just did! Now the trick is to try to fit them into the feature
>diagram. Have to think about that...

Interesting. I've been teaching it this way for the last few years, and
my approach to this has been through patterns (and pattern languages),
so that motivation for use is integrated with the description of
structure. This is useful but less formal than the C&E approach you are
taking.

>Please do read the book; my guess is that several of us exploring the
>possibilities together will go a lot farther that solo flight.

Agreed.

  Kevlin Henney phone: +44 117 942 2990
  Curbralan Ltd mobile: +44 7801 073 508
  kevlin_at_[hidden] fax: +44 870 052 2289