From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-07-14 08:54:17

Kevlin Henney wrote:

>I think a stable iterative and incremental approach to definition sounds
>as good as any. If we start with the kernel you have suggested and work
>with and from it, it will be probably be more immediate and workable
>than a grand unified theorem of indirection.

Agreed. I will revise the feature diagram, and then freeze it as iteration
one and post it in the vault.

The other homework assignment is to study C&E Part II, Implementation
Techniques. Particularly Chapter 10, Static Metaprogramming in C++.

[five minutes later...] Amazing! They present compile-time IF<>, SWITCH<>,
WHILE<>, DO<>, and FOR<> templates! I'm going to take the rest the day off
to read this!

Thanks,

--Beman