From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-07-16 10:29:19

From: "Beman Dawes" <beman_at_[hidden]>

> Should boost programming guidelines ban exception-specifications?

Yes, without specific compiler switches which turn them on when it's been
determined that it is an optimization.
But I am absolutely *certain* that we've discussed this on the list and that
there was (at least) a published web page which said they should be avoided.
I think it was the library guidelines. I am also pretty sure that the
discussion was specifically in reference to smart_ptr and that we had
decided to leave them off on purpose. So I'm surprised to hear that they
crept back in.

-Dave