From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-07-17 10:18:21

----- Original Message -----
From: "Beman Dawes" <beman_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2000 10:06 AM
Subject: RE: [boost] SourceForge/CVS Progress

> I spent an hour looking at OpenAvenue; it is very new and seems even more
> immature that SourceForge. So it is back to trying to make SourceForge
> work for boost.
>
> Thanks to Mark Rodgers, Dan Nuffer, and others who sent in suggestions.
As
> several of you speculated, deleting files involves getting the support
> people to do it for you.
>
> I would like it if Dave Abrahams and Jens Maurer would try to commit their
> pending changes to cast, operators, and random headers. Dave already has
> write access, Jens needs to send me his S/F login name. If there are
> problems, be sure to ask Mark or I for help as we have been through it
> already.

Okay, I'm just following directions step-by-step. I did everything you wrote
at the bottom of your message regarding getting write access and setting up
WinCVS, but I can't find any way to associate a directory on my disk with
the boost project on the server, much less any way to check files in or out

Then, I followed the directions on the website regarding environment
variables and did:

c:\prj\manhattan>ssh -v -l dabrahams boost.sourceforge.net
SSH Version 1.2.14 [winnt-4.0-x86], protocol version 1.4.
Standard version. Does not use RSAREF.
ssh_connect: getuid 0 geteuid 0 anon 0
Connecting to boost.sourceforge.net [198.186.203.44] port 22.
Connection established.
Remote protocol version 1.5, remote software version 1.2.27
Waiting for server public key.
Received server public key (768 bits) and host key (1024 bits).
Host 'boost.sourceforge.net' is known and matches the host key.
Initializing random; seed file c:\home\dabrahams/.ssh/random_seed
Encryption type: idea
Sent encrypted session key.
Received encrypted confirmation.
Trying RSA authentication with key 'my key'
Server refused our key.
Doing password authentication.
Password:
Permission denied.

I used the same password I use to login at the sourceforge website.

I'm completely lost

-Dave