From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-07-17 13:19:15

David Abrahams wrote:

>Aha. OK, now I can use ssh, which seems to give me a remote login (I
didn't
>expect that!)
>But what do I do now?

Now you forget ssh; it was just used to verify that you can logon.

Now

* create a boost-cvs directory. (use a different name if you prefer)

* start WinCVS.

* set admin->preferences per prior posting.

* click on the explore tab, and select the boost-cvs directory. (use the
View/browser->Change browse location dialog to make boost-cvs your default
module)

* Use Create->Checkout module to selection dialog (with module name and
path on server set to "boost" to checkout the boost files. You will be
asked for your password via a command box. On my Win2k machine 1) it is
hidden by the CVS window and, 2) displays no prompt. Acts a bit
differently on my Win95 laptop, but same idea. Enter your password. You
should see the files downloading in the lower log window. If this works,
read access is OK.

* Modify a file (after, clicking the little pencil icon on the toolbar, or
doing trace->edit) and commit it back to the repository (using
Modify->commit). Entering the password each time, unless you have stored
identity.pub info on the S/F server. If all this works, you have write
access and are basically in business.

--Beman