From: Mark Rodgers (mark.rodgers_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-07-17 14:43:10

> Aha. OK, now I can use ssh, which seems to give me a remote login (I
didn't
> expect that!)
> But what do I do now?

Ignore that - you don't need the remote login. Go to WinCVS
and use the Create|Checkout module... option to copy all the files from
SourceForge to your local disk and to associate the two so that (Win)CVS
knows where they came from.

You will first be prompted for the directory on your machine in which
to put it, then a tabbed dialog box where you say what module it is you
want to check out:

1. On the Checkout settings tab, enter

        boostcvs

    for the "module name and path on the server" (unless Beman has
    managed to change this to boost).

2. On the Globals tab, make sure "Checkout read-only" is *not* set -
    I expect you plan to be able to edit the files.

3. Pray.

When you hit OK, watch for a console window to appear running SSH.
You'll probably have to enter your password in here, unless you've
uploaded a public key to SourceForge.

Then you can happily edit whatever files you want and do diffs etc.
When you want to commit a file back to SourceForge, just find it in
WinCVS, right click on it and choose "Commit selection..."

Mark