From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-07-21 19:59:39

FYI, All of my SF/CVS problems seem to be solved. Here's what I learned:

1. Don't try to test your public ssh key by using the ssh command. I don't
know in what way it differs, but cvs goes through some other mechanism to
use ssh. Use CVS directly; it can work without requesting a password where
ssh will insist on a password.

2. Once you check out files from CVS the CVS/root file in each directory
contains information about your username. Further CVS operations on files in
that directory will completely ignore your USERNAME environment variable,
***but your HOME environment variable still counts***. That's where CVS will
look for your public key information. So if you give up with one account at
SourceForge and try a new one with a new public key, be sure you start from
scratch with a clean checkout of boost to your local hard disk.

3. I actually had 3 working accounts on SourceForge by the time I had
everything figured out, but didn't know it.

4. Emacs has extensive built-in support for CVS which makes using the
version control a breeze ;)

-Dave