From: scleary_at_[hidden]
Date: 2000-07-31 12:44:41

> One question: why does this assert have to include the prefix BOOST_?

It's a macro. Normal classes/functions in Boost are in namespace ::boost.

> . . . it's really getting close to the unique
> length limit on identifier names some compilers have. . .

Most of Boost is template libraries, that use (sub-)namespaces as well. All
the name mangling taken together can quickly produce some huge names, but
no-one has reported any problems yet.

> My conversion to Hungarian was solely due to McConnell's "Code Complete,"
> and I effectively have my own sub-lingo of it, based on some valid
> criticisms of Hungarian I've been exposed to.

I'm not a big fan of Hungarian myself, but Boost allows a *very* wide
variety of coding styles and preferences. (Because we want contributions!
:) )

        -Steve