From: Joerg Schaible (Joerg.Schaible_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-08-01 09:58:46

Beman wrote:

> * I like a "Revision History" comments. True, CVS supplies history, but
> for casual reading a simple Revision History helps. Or is that just
> personal taste on my part? I don't think we ever discussed it.

I am not very fond of this anymore. Seems nice at first sight, but for files with frequent changes (it seems that most of the boost files apply) it is absolutely nasty if you have to scroll through screens of history changes. Even more because the change comment may not be closely related to the change in a file itself (submitting a large number of files at once) or the change comment has not a real message concerning the file history e.g. "Syntax error corrected". So they just increase disk space in the repository, increase compile time, increase web traffic, and are not much of use due to the noise within the comments itself. If I am really interested I can request CVS.

Just my 2 cents,

Jörg

--
This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.