From: Joe Gottman (joegottman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-08-01 19:36:29

Since threads, mutexes, etc. are very dependent on the local architecture
for their implementation, I think it would be a good idea to define a basic,
minimal interface for each, similar to the iterator interface used in the
STL. This would allow users to write portable template classes and
functions parameterized on the thread, lock or whatever. For instance, a
thread safe Singleton template would be extremely useful.

Joe Gottman