From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-08-02 10:09:01

I agree strongly with Dietmar and Nathan; they more clearly make many of
the same points I have made in the past. We have to nail down the big
picture first. Without goals, definitions, and a generally solid
foundation, we would be wasting our time.

Dietmar wrote:

>My personal feeling is that we need right now some documents lying out
>the basics of our threading concept and a general agreement that we
>feel bound to these documents. Basically, this consist of the following
>
>- A clear statement of our goal.
>- A decription of techniques, idioms, pitfalls, etc. related to
> achieving this goal.
>- A set of interfaces used by those techniques and idioms.
>- Possibly a simple [demo] implementation.
>
>Probably, these documents are created in this order with feedback
>incorporated into them.

Yes. I'd probably slip "- A definition of terms" in between the first and
second.

--Beman