From: Fabrice Truillot (fte_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-08-03 23:31:46

on 3.8.2000 21:46, Mark Rodgers at mark.rodgers_at_[hidden] wrote:

> I notice that functional still doesn't work with Metrowerks.
> Fabrice, I've double checked the files you sent, and think I
> applied your fix correctly, but can you please check it out?

The truth is elsewhere. My fix work fine, but CodeWarrior don't like
alignment_of template. I don't know why. I'll check this later.

template <class T>
class alignment_of
{
   struct padded
   {
      char c;
      T t;
      padded();
   };
public:
   static const unsigned value = sizeof(padded) - sizeof(T);
};

CodeWarrior gives me :

Error : illegal use of incomplete struct/union/class
'boost::alignment_of::padded'
type_traits.hpp line 500 static const unsigned value = sizeof(padded) -
sizeof(T);

Just comment out the line and retry. Tada !

I'll try to find what's wrong with CodeWarrior and the sizeof(padded)...

-- Fab'