From: Andy Sawyer (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-08-07 06:06:29

On 06 August 2000 21:26, tholenst_at_[hidden] wrote:

> Valentin Bonnard writes:
> > > It's my understanding that 'P' and 'V' stand for some words in
> > > Dutch, but I don't know what they are.
> >
> > I was wondering was they could mean (esp. since Post = V, not P).
>
> If you really want to know.... (I thought most people wouldn't care)
>
> It is, in fact, dutch.
> P means passeren, i.e. 'pass'
> V means vrijgeven or vrijmaken (I don't know exactly), i.e. 'unblock'

 A Dutch-speaking colleague tells me that "vrijmaken" means "release". Which
sounds entirely plausible...

> (I don't speak dutch, so don't blame me, if spelled wrong)

 Apparently, you didn't mis-spell it :)

> I'd use other names for boost, actually, I don't like them.

 I concur. "P" and "V" are only interesting from the archaeological
viewpoint.

Regards,
 Andy

--
Andy Sawyer, Technical Director, Sufficiently Advanced Technology Ltd.
mailto:andys_at_[hidden]        ICQ:14417938        http://www.morebhp.com