From: Dietmar Kuehl (dietmar_kuehl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-08-09 19:01:29

Hi,
--- jpanzer_at_[hidden] wrote:
> This is my worry. I don't see any obvious way around having to
> use a single, global mutex to implement operations like
> "atomic_incr(i)", where the caller does not supply a mutex.

Well, it depends what type 'i' has: If it does not have type 'int' but
rather something like 'atomic_traits<int>::type' there is an obvious
place where the necessary mutex can be located for implementations not
supporting atomic type: In the object 'i'. Of course, on platforms
supporting atomic operations, 'type' might very well be 'int'...

=====
<mailto:dietmar_kuehl_at_[hidden]>
<http://www.dietmar-kuehl.de/>