From: Reid Sweatman (borderland_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-08-11 17:47:29

Okay, I'll buy that...but I'll have to think about it a bit. It's not the
criterion I was taught to use. But I'm aware that there's more than one
school of thought on when to use exceptions, and what you say makes sense,
except that there's often legitimate uses for exceptions that don't involve
stack unwinding and in which the exception is handled locally. Me go back
to hut and make sacrifice; maybe understand in morning <g>.

Reid Sweatman