From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (alexy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-08-16 19:48:43

Beman Dawes (<beman_at_[hidden]>) wrote:
> I've written a draft policy covering when boost libraries should or
> shouldn't include other boost or standard library components.
>
> See http://www.boost.org/more/library_reuse.htm
>
> I've updated the boost programming guidelines at
> http://www.boost.org/more/lib_guide.htm#guidelines accordingly.
>
> Comments?

Very good, Beman. Could I suggest a rephrasing of the paragraph about
coupling? Here is my version:

Negative effects of coupling become obvious when one library uses a second
library which uses a third, and so on. The worst form of coupling requires
the user understand each of the coupled libraries. Coupling may also reduce
portability of a library - even in case when all used libraries are
self-sufficient (see example of questionable usage of <iostream> library
below).

-Aleksey