From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-08-21 19:31:40

No opinion on whether we should have this or not, but just let me point out
that it is very different from noncopyable in two important respects:

1. noncopyable can be used when no sensible copy semantics exist. There is
simply no analogue for dynamic construction. If it makes sense to write
    X x;
then it also makes sense to say
   std::auto_ptr<X> x(new X);

2. noncopyable prevents copying even when the type in question is a
subobject. nonnewable can't prevent dynamic allocation as a subobject.

-Dave

P.S. No, the destructor shouldn't be virtual.
P.P.S. nonnewable doesn't prevent the use of placement new into dynamically
allocated memory