From: Beman Dawes (beman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-08-23 07:47:22

At 12:08 AM 8/23/2000 -0500, jsiek_at_[hidden] wrote:

>Based on John's document, and several other sources I've written up a
>feature diagram for mutexes. I hope I got all the +'s and |'s right :)
>
>http://www.lsc.nd.edu/~jsiek/tlc/btl/libs/threads/mutex_feature_diagram.html

Very Interesting! Thanks!

The notation seems to be working; your diagram of Mutex features is much
easier to understand that pure text descriptions IMO. Looks like you got
the +'s and |'s right, too.

You might want to a short description of the Mutex concept itself, or link
to a description of the concept.

You also might want to add a link to
http://www.boost.org/more/feature_model_diagrams.htm for the benefit of
those not familiar with the feature diagram notation.

<pedantic>
A feature diagram is a design tool which allows us to visualize feature
variations for some concept. It isn't a commitment to actually include the
features in a final design. It also doesn't specify how the features are
to be packaged, or the time of binding. All that comes later.
</pedantic>

--Beman