From: Thomas Matelich (sosedada_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-08-24 10:43:46

Milutin Jovanovic wrote:

> Sorry for being off-topic, but the reason behind questions is our present
> thread discussion.
>
> How standard are pthreads on UNIX? Is there a universal distribution, or are
> there separate platform distributions which are trying to be compatible
> amongst each other? Where is the best place to get pthreads for Linux and/or
> Windows?

On HP-UX 10.2, pthreads are whats used. They are part of the DCE (Distributed
Computing Environment) 9000 system used -- whatever that means. I believe the
pthreads are also used on HPUX 11, the difference, as I understand it, between
10.2 and 11 is on 10.2 they are referred to as user threads and on 11 they are
kernel threads. I don't know much about it besides this.

--
Thomas O Matelich
Senior Software Designer