From: Reid Sweatman (borderland_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-08-25 05:32:08

So they just made the suppression pragmas internal to the compiler. As for
fully compliant, I suggest you go have a look at the announcements on their
site about the compiler. They explicitly list several template features
that they *still* won't support, all of which are necessary for Boost to
compile correctly, without workarounds.

> I too am stuck using MS for reasons partly political and partly platform
> related. Therefore I have used gcc to do my C++ library development work.
> While I can't benefit from this code at work, I am at least
> helping the C++
> world, and advancing my own skills.

Same here. I switched compilers personally after joining this list and
finding out who really supported the spec, but generally, when I work for
someone else, which I'm shortly going to be doing again, they usually
require VC++.

> My personal annoyance with MS is that they released C#. I would have
> preferred the effort had gone to fixing C++.

Exactly what I posted to their web page on C#, which has a cutesy DHTML
goodie at the bottom to let you post messages and read what others have
posted. I think I might have seen two positive messages there. And yeah, I
personally suspect that C# is why VC++ 7 isn't much of an improvement.

Reid Sweatman