From: David Abrahams (abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-08-27 17:31:17

I guess you're right.

3.8/4:

4 A program may end the lifetime of any object by reusing the storage which
the object occupies or by explicitly calling the destructor for an object of
a class type with a non-trivial destructor. For an object of a class type
with a non-trivial destructor, the program is not required to call the
destructor explicitly before the storage which the object occupies is reused
or released; however, if there is no explicit call to the destructor or if a
delete-expression (5.3.5) is not used to release the storage, the destructor
shall not be implicitly called and any program that depends on the side
effects produced by the destructor has undefined behavior.