From: Milutin Jovanovic (miki_at_[hidden])
Date: 2000-08-28 21:23:32

From: "Jens Maurer" <Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden]>
> Their goal seems to be a bit different.
<snip>
> I believe that boost is doing the right thing in developing libraries,
> and not frameworks. I think that a framework is usually too restricted
> to be generally useful.
<snip>

Oh, you misunderstood. I pointed them out as an interesting read on how to
provide similar functionality on various platforms. They actually reimplemented
some functionality which is not common to e.g. Win32 and PThreads. It is a
valuable lesson that we do not have to settle for the lowest common denominator,
but that we can raise the bar significantly.

I am totaly unconcerned with their sockets, HTML and any other functionality
they might have in there.

Cheers,

Miki Jovanovic.